Dear Dragon Family,
I am honored to be able to serve as your new Superintendent of Schools in Belle Plaine Public Schools, USD #357. My family and I are excited to be a part of the Belle Plaine Community and look forward to a long tenure as your superintendent. The following 100-day plan is intended to create a strong foundation as I begin my career as your superintendent. #357Proud
PHASE 1: First 100 Days (July 1st-October 4)
I will use the first 100 days as superintendent to look, learn and listen. This new role will come with new challenges and new opportunities, and it is important for the leader of the school district to take time to engage the different voices throughout the school district and the community to truly understand the work that needs to be done. Below are my goals within the first 100 days.
- Meet individually with staff, students, and community stakeholders to talk about the great things happening in USD #357.
- Meet individually with each board member to talk about the great things happening in USD #357.
- Informally visit each classroom in the district.
- Meet with local entities to continue to strengthen the relationship between USD #357 and the Belle Plaine Community.
- Develop a trusting, productive, collaborative relationship with the Board of Education and empower them with the tools and information they need to practice good governance and advocate within the community.
- Research new ways to recognize and celebrate student, staff, school, department, and community achievements.
- Continue the practice of weekly video announcements from the desk of the superintendent.
- Share a bi-weekly update for staff and community.
- Create a system to promote to current staff new hires to the Dragon Family. This will help to create a sense of family and strengthen the relationship between the board and the staff.
- Meet regularly with the 619 Interlocal to establish strong lines and communication and build a strong working relationship.
PHASE 2: After the first 100 days
- Use the findings from my first 100 days to create a multi-year plan that will empower and guide my work for the remainder of the year and years to come.
- Share that plan with students, staff, and community.
- Continue to monitor and update the plan as needed.